Sunday 5 January 2014

I'm a...




I am beyond thrilled to FINALLY announce I'm a Scrapbooking Memories Master for 2014 (which most of you are probably already aware). 
Eeek! This has been a dream of mine for some years now and I'm so thankful to be given this opportunity. 


This is first time I've entered the competition even though I have wanted to for the past few years.
I am always so inspired by the Master's creations and hope I can inspire all of you over the year.

This process was actually I lot more stressful than I thought it would be! We went on a holiday to Broome (which is documented in one of my projects) while I was working on my entries. I didn't realise I only had a week afterwards to finish them and even start one layout.
This was especially difficult as I avoid double layouts and rarely work with larger photos, so I spent hours on these pages.

What is the Masters challenge? For those friends and family member's who don't know, the Master's challenge is a competition set by Scrapbooking Memories Magazine. There are four challenge criteria, this year was to create a handmade background, use a 5x7 photo, create a double layout documenting a journey and make a 2014 calendar. 
10 winners are chosen and receive a bundle of goodies from each sponsor, and are also required to create a layout for each issue throughout the year using the sponsors products.
I signed a confidentiality agreement and was able to reveal this until just before Christmas. Longest 3 months ever. 

The Masters Issue went on on sale on the 2nd of January for those of you who are interested. Here's what it looks like.


Have a look at the other Master's work-
Vicki Funk

I look forward to sharing my entries and a little bit more about them as soon a I can.

Thanks for stopping by, 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sophie xx







5 comments:

  1. A big well done to you Sophie, I just got the mag and I must say all the entries are amazing and well deserved to all who now have the title Master 2014.. There are so many familiar names there and a couple of newbies.. Have a wonderful year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sophie, well done, looking forward to your creations thru the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie, I saw your blog in the new scrapbooking masters magazine. Congratulations! I look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete